English Release 25-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Speech by the President of India
Shri Pranab Mukherjee on the Occasion of Release of a Commemorative Postage Stamp on
- President of India Releases a Commemorative Postage Stamp on Anagarika Dharmapala
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi’s address at the ceremony held to rededicate, Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre, in Mumbai
- PM rededicates Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre in Mumbai
- PM greets the Nation on auspicious occasion of Bhai Dooj
- Election Commission
- Press Note
- Schedule for bye-election to fill casual vacancies in the Legislative Assembly of NCT of Delhi – Regarding.
- Schedule for General Elections to the Legislative Assemblies of Jharkhand and Jammu & Kashmir.
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Minister for Communications & IT and Law & Justice, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad Spoke at the Release Function of a Postage Stamp Commemorating Srimath Anagarika Dharmapala, the Great Buddhist Thinker and Visionary from Sri Lanka
- Ministry of Finance
- President of India
to Inaugurate Three Day Accountants’ General Conference on Monday
- Min of Home Affairs
- Observance of the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31st October
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh says Indian bureaucrats need constant re-orientation as they face new challenges every day
Ministry of Minority Affairs08-April, 2013 18:25 IST
|Shri K. Rahman Khan Reviews Implementation of MSDP and PM’s New 15 Point Programme |
Ensure Successful Implementation of Area Development Schemes by being Proactive -Shri K. Rahman Khan
|In spite of substantial progress, there is a need for more effective implementation of minority area development programmes during Twelfth Five-Year Plan. This was stated by Shri K. Rahman Khan, Minister of Minority Affairs while addressing the conference of Principal Secretaries of states/Union territories on Multi-sectoral Development Programme and Prime Minister’s New 15 Point Programme. Expressing concern over slow progress and lack of proper monitoring of both the Schemes, the Minister asked the officers to monitor regularly the implementation of 15 Point Programme and to transfer timely the Central share of funds released by the Ministry to the concerned districts/implementing agencies. Delay in sending the Utilization Certificates for the funds released is another area of concern and utilization Certificates for Rs. 638 crore released as first installment and Rs. 773 crore released as second installment are pending from the States, he added. Pointing to these aspects in addressing the development deficits of minority concentration areas, he said that the benefit has not reached the targeted population. Explaining the main features of both the Schemes of minority development, the Minister appealed to representatives to work collectively for the inclusive growth of minorities for the overall development of the country. |
The Government has been implementing both these programmes with a synergy so as to provide necessary infrastructure and basic amenities to areas with substantial minority population and also for skill training and income generation for the minorities, the Minister added. He said that while Central Government released Rs.2936 crore under 11th Plan, utilization has been received from the States for only Rs.2014 crore. During the year 2012–13, projects were approved were worth Rs.1110 crore, out of which already Rs.646 crore has been released.
Based on the feedback received from the States and other quarters, the Ministry is restructuring MsDP and also making suitable modification in 15 Point Programme. Block would be the unit area for planning under MsDP in place of districts and this programme would be further expanded to cover towns and cities. Totally 710 Blocks and 66 towns/cities have been identified for implementation of MsDP. This would sharpen the focus of the programme on the Minority Concentration Areas and bring other deserving areas like leftout blocks and towns/cities within the ambit of the programme.
Shri Ravi Mathur, IAS, the newly appointed Secretary of the Ministry also attended the Conference. Convened by the Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India, the conference is being attended by the Principal Secretaries/ Secretaries entrusted to implement the two flagship programmes of the Ministry, MsDP and Prime Minister’s 15-Point Programme by their respective States/Union Territories. The Advisor, Planning Commission, Government of India and the officials of Ministry of Minority Affairs, were also present.
(Release ID :94545)