English Release 1-September 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s address during his visit to Taimei Elementary School in Tokyo, Japan
- PM’s keynote address at the luncheon hosted by Nippon Kiedanren – the Japanese Chamber of Commerce and Industry, and the Japan-India Business Cooperation Committee
- PM visits Taimei Elementary School in Tokyo
- Min of Home Affairs
- Home Minister Denies Reports of Bilateral Talks with PAK Counterpart in Kathmandu
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Diesel Under-Recovery decreased to Rs 0.08/litre for the fortnight commencing 01.09.2014
Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation02-May, 2013 13:33 IST
|Categorization of People as EWS|
| The Ministry of Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation (HUPA)has categorized the urban poor households earning uptoRs. 1 lakh per annum as Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and those having a household income between Rs. 1-2 lakh as Lower Income Group (LIG) for availing benefits under the schemes being implemented by this Ministry. This was stated by Shri Ajay Maken, Union Minister of Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation (HUPA), in the Rajya Sabha today, in a written reply to a question by Shrimati Jaya Bachchan. |
The Minister further stated that these classifications are based on various income and expenditure parameters as well as cost of housing in urban areas viz., growth in Per Capita Income, minimum wages for non- agricultural Workers, Consumer Price Index , Consumer Food Price Index ,monthly per capita expenditure and RESIDEX : National Housing Bank (NHB)’s property price tracking index.
The Minister further stated that The households categorized as EWS/LIG will be entitled to capital subsidy as per relevant scheme guideline for Jawaharlal Nehru Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM)/Rajiv AwasYojana (RAY) and interest subsidy under Interest Subsidy Scheme for Housing the Urban Poor (ISHUP) [ being revamped as Rajiv RinnYojana (RRY)]. Also they will be entitled to the houses constructed under Affordable Housing in Partnership (AHP) which encourages Public Private Partnership (PPP) model for housing. Thus the increased income criteria will enlarge the set of urban poor who are entitled for housing benefits as stated above, the Minister added.
RM/RS- USQ3925 - RS
(Release ID :95411)