English Release 25-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Speech by the President of India
Shri Pranab Mukherjee on the Occasion of Release of a Commemorative Postage Stamp on
- President of India Releases a Commemorative Postage Stamp on Anagarika Dharmapala
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi’s address at the ceremony held to rededicate, Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre, in Mumbai
- PM rededicates Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre in Mumbai
- PM greets the Nation on auspicious occasion of Bhai Dooj
- Election Commission
- Press Note
- Schedule for bye-election to fill casual vacancies in the Legislative Assembly of NCT of Delhi – Regarding.
- Schedule for General Elections to the Legislative Assemblies of Jharkhand and Jammu & Kashmir.
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Minister for Communications & IT and Law & Justice, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad Spoke at the Release Function of a Postage Stamp Commemorating Srimath Anagarika Dharmapala, the Great Buddhist Thinker and Visionary from Sri Lanka
- Ministry of Finance
- President of India
to Inaugurate Three Day Accountants’ General Conference on Monday
- Min of Home Affairs
- Observance of the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31st October
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh says Indian bureaucrats need constant re-orientation as they face new challenges every day
Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation02-May, 2013 13:33 IST
|Categorization of People as EWS|
| The Ministry of Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation (HUPA)has categorized the urban poor households earning uptoRs. 1 lakh per annum as Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and those having a household income between Rs. 1-2 lakh as Lower Income Group (LIG) for availing benefits under the schemes being implemented by this Ministry. This was stated by Shri Ajay Maken, Union Minister of Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation (HUPA), in the Rajya Sabha today, in a written reply to a question by Shrimati Jaya Bachchan. |
The Minister further stated that these classifications are based on various income and expenditure parameters as well as cost of housing in urban areas viz., growth in Per Capita Income, minimum wages for non- agricultural Workers, Consumer Price Index , Consumer Food Price Index ,monthly per capita expenditure and RESIDEX : National Housing Bank (NHB)’s property price tracking index.
The Minister further stated that The households categorized as EWS/LIG will be entitled to capital subsidy as per relevant scheme guideline for Jawaharlal Nehru Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM)/Rajiv AwasYojana (RAY) and interest subsidy under Interest Subsidy Scheme for Housing the Urban Poor (ISHUP) [ being revamped as Rajiv RinnYojana (RRY)]. Also they will be entitled to the houses constructed under Affordable Housing in Partnership (AHP) which encourages Public Private Partnership (PPP) model for housing. Thus the increased income criteria will enlarge the set of urban poor who are entitled for housing benefits as stated above, the Minister added.
RM/RS- USQ3925 - RS
(Release ID :95411)