English Release 25-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Speech by the President of India
Shri Pranab Mukherjee on the Occasion of Release of a Commemorative Postage Stamp on
- President of India Releases a Commemorative Postage Stamp on Anagarika Dharmapala
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM rededicates Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre in Mumbai
- PM greets the Nation on auspicious occasion of Bhai Dooj
- Election Commission
- Press Note
- Schedule for bye-election to fill casual vacancies in the Legislative Assembly of NCT of Delhi – Regarding.
- Schedule for General Elections to the Legislative Assemblies of Jharkhand and Jammu & Kashmir.
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Minister for Communications & IT and Law & Justice, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad Spoke at the Release Function of a Postage Stamp Commemorating Srimath Anagarika Dharmapala, the Great Buddhist Thinker and Visionary from Sri Lanka
- Ministry of Finance
- President of India
to Inaugurate Three Day Accountants’ General Conference on Monday
- Min of Home Affairs
- Observance of the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31st October
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh says Indian bureaucrats need constant re-orientation as they face new challenges every day
Ministry of Agriculture21-May, 2013 16:14 IST
Farmers, Farming Communities to be Honoured for Conserving Plant Genetic Resources |
|Agriculture and Food Processing Industries Minister Shri Sharad Pawar will confer awards on four farming communities for their outstanding work in conservation of genetic resources, in a ceremony here tomorrow. These awards, carrying a cash prize of Rs. 10 lakh each, have been instituted by the Protection of Plant Varieties and Farmers’ Right Authority (PPV &FR). |
In addition, 10 farmers will receive award and cash prize of Rs. 1 lakh each. Fifteen farmers and farming communities will be given a citation to recognize their contribution.
The awards are being given since 2009 to farming communities and farmers, particularly the tribal and rural ones, engaged in conservation, improvement and preservation of genetic resources of economic plants and their wild relatives particularly in the areas identified as agro-biodiversity hotspots.
The awardees of four Plant Genome Saviour Community Awards are (i) Seed Saver Farmers Group, Pune (Maharashtra), Sanjeevini Rural Development Society, Vishakapatnam (Andhra Pradesh), Deepaoli Women’s Self Help Group, Thiruvannamalai (Tamil Nadu) and Akampadam Chimpachala Punchakkadu Padasekhara Samithi representing rice farming communities in Palakkad (Kerala).
The 10 farmers to be awarded Plant Genome Saviour Farmer Rewards are: Shri P. Devakanta, Imphal (Manipur), Shri Maha Veer Singh Arya, Churu (Rajasthan), Shri N. Vasavan, Kannur (Kerala), Shri Purnanand Venkatesh Bhat, Uttar Kannada (Karnataka), Shri Jai Prakash Singh, Jhakini, Varanasi (Uttar Pradesh), Sri Pravat Ranjan Dey, Panpara, Nadia (West Bengal), Ushagram Trust, Bimagar, Nadia (West Bengal), Shri Chandra Shekhar Singh, Varanasi (Uttar Pradesh), Shri Ciby George Kallingal, Pattikkad, Thrissur (Kerala) and Shri Narendra Singh Sipani, Mandsour (Madhya Pradesh).
MP:SS:BK: CP:plant genetic (21.5.2013)
(Release ID :96116)