English Release 2-September 2014
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Inaugurates 89th Foundation Course at Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration in Mussoorie
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s special lecture at the University of the Sacred Heart, Tokyo
- PM’s remarks after inaugurating the TCS Japan Technology and Culture Academy
- PM's special lecture at the University of the Sacred Heart, Tokyo
- Ministry of Finance
- A High Level Committee Constituted for Considering the Proposals for Assessment of Income arising or accruing before 1st April, 2012 on Account of Retrospective Amendments to the Provisions Related to Indirect Transfer
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 101.29 per bbl on 01.09.2014
- Min of Tribal Affairs
- “Single Window System” for Obtaining Market Information on Minor Forest Produces Through Toll Free Number 1800 180 1551
Ministry of Railways17-June, 2013 13:08 IST
|Railway Revenue Earnings up by 12.73 per cent during April - May 2013 |
|The total approximate earnings of Indian Railways on originating basis during 1st April to 31st May 2013 were Rs. 22439.30 crore compared to Rs. 19905.32 crore during the same period last year, registering an increase of 12.73 per cent. |
The total goods earnings have gone up from Rs. 14169.34 crore during 1st April – 31st May 2012 to Rs. 15660.11 crore during 1st April – May 2013, registering an increase of 10.52 per cent.
The total passenger revenue earnings during 1st April – 31st May 2013 were Rs. 5803.43 crore compared to Rs. 4940.04 crore during the same period last year, registering an increase of 17.48 per cent.
The approximate revenue earnings from other coaching amounted to Rs. 696.12 crore during April - May 2013 compared to Rs. 490.13 crore during the same period last year, an increase of 42.03 per cent.
The total approximate numbers of passengers booked during 1st April– 31st May 2013-14 were 1395.11 million compared to 1392.47 million during the same period last year, showing an increase of 0.19 per cent. In the suburban and non-suburban sectors, the numbers of passengers booked during April-May 2013 were 725.63 million and 669.48 million compared to 700.51 million and 691.96 million during the same period last year, showing an increase of 3.59 per cent and a decrease of 3.25 per cent respectively.
(Release ID :96587)