English Release 23-November 2014
- President's Secretariat
- PRESIDENT’S MESSAGE ON THE EVE OF THE MARTYRDOM DAY OF GURU TEG BAHADUR
- PRESS COMMUNIQUE
- Min of Defence
- Coastal Security Network Must Ensure Zero Tolerance to Error: Parrikar
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- 45TH IFFI Celebrates Dance in Indian Cinema
- New Experiments in Documentaries Section
- 45th IFFI Pays Retrospective Honours to Gulzar; Screens ‘Libas’
- Cinema Means Love and Responsibility Not Business: Mohsen Makhmalbaf
- Student Filmmakers are Promising and Full of Original Concepts: Prof. B. Diwakar
- Min of Parliamentary Affairs
- Government convenes all Party meet on CSAT exam issue
- Prime Minister confident of a productive Winter Session of Parliament beginning tomorrow
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh receives cheque for J&K flood relief from PEPCO Bank
- Min of Science & Technology
- HPV option to prevent preterm births dangerous --Dr Harsh Vardhan
Ministry of Railways17-June, 2013 13:08 IST
|Railway Revenue Earnings up by 12.73 per cent during April - May 2013 |
|The total approximate earnings of Indian Railways on originating basis during 1st April to 31st May 2013 were Rs. 22439.30 crore compared to Rs. 19905.32 crore during the same period last year, registering an increase of 12.73 per cent. |
The total goods earnings have gone up from Rs. 14169.34 crore during 1st April – 31st May 2012 to Rs. 15660.11 crore during 1st April – May 2013, registering an increase of 10.52 per cent.
The total passenger revenue earnings during 1st April – 31st May 2013 were Rs. 5803.43 crore compared to Rs. 4940.04 crore during the same period last year, registering an increase of 17.48 per cent.
The approximate revenue earnings from other coaching amounted to Rs. 696.12 crore during April - May 2013 compared to Rs. 490.13 crore during the same period last year, an increase of 42.03 per cent.
The total approximate numbers of passengers booked during 1st April– 31st May 2013-14 were 1395.11 million compared to 1392.47 million during the same period last year, showing an increase of 0.19 per cent. In the suburban and non-suburban sectors, the numbers of passengers booked during April-May 2013 were 725.63 million and 669.48 million compared to 700.51 million and 691.96 million during the same period last year, showing an increase of 3.59 per cent and a decrease of 3.25 per cent respectively.
(Release ID :96587)