English Release 29-March 2015
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM's remarks in condolence book, at the funeral of the founding father of Singapore, Mr. Lee Kuan Yew
- PM meets Deputy Prime Minister of Singapore, Emeritus Senior Minister of Singapore, and President of Israel
- Remarks by Prime Minister to the Media at Singapore
- Ministry of Finance
- Government Releases About Rs. 385 Crore to Andhra Pradesh while about Rs. 150 Crore to Telangana as part of the 13th Finance Commission Recommendations
- Min of Parliamentary Affairs
- Rajya Sabha prorogued
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh receives Rs. 25 lakh cheque for J&K flood relief
- Practice of Yoga best for health: Dr. Jitendra Singh
Ministry of Railways17-June, 2013 13:08 IST
|Railway Revenue Earnings up by 12.73 per cent during April - May 2013 |
|The total approximate earnings of Indian Railways on originating basis during 1st April to 31st May 2013 were Rs. 22439.30 crore compared to Rs. 19905.32 crore during the same period last year, registering an increase of 12.73 per cent. |
The total goods earnings have gone up from Rs. 14169.34 crore during 1st April – 31st May 2012 to Rs. 15660.11 crore during 1st April – May 2013, registering an increase of 10.52 per cent.
The total passenger revenue earnings during 1st April – 31st May 2013 were Rs. 5803.43 crore compared to Rs. 4940.04 crore during the same period last year, registering an increase of 17.48 per cent.
The approximate revenue earnings from other coaching amounted to Rs. 696.12 crore during April - May 2013 compared to Rs. 490.13 crore during the same period last year, an increase of 42.03 per cent.
The total approximate numbers of passengers booked during 1st April– 31st May 2013-14 were 1395.11 million compared to 1392.47 million during the same period last year, showing an increase of 0.19 per cent. In the suburban and non-suburban sectors, the numbers of passengers booked during April-May 2013 were 725.63 million and 669.48 million compared to 700.51 million and 691.96 million during the same period last year, showing an increase of 3.59 per cent and a decrease of 3.25 per cent respectively.
(Release ID :96587)