English Release 15-April 2014
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Officers Attending APPPA Programme of IIPA Call on Vice President
- Delegation of Delhi Fire Service Calls on Vice President to Observe Fire Service Week
- Election Commission
- ECI Launches 2014 Election Visitors Programme
- Min of Commerce & Industry
- Index Numbers of Wholesale Price in India (Base: 2004-05=100)
- Ministry of Finance
- Auction for Sale (Re-Issue) of Government Stock
- Min of Law & Justice
- Shri Prabhat Kumar Jha and Shri Jitendra Mohan Sharma to be Additional Judges of the Patna High Court
- Shri Sushil Kumar Palo to be an Additional Judge of the Madhya Pradesh High Court
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Shri Arvind Mayaram Designated as Finance Secretary
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket increased marginally to
US$ 105.91 per bbl on 14.4.2014
- Ministry of Railways
- Portal ‘Railsaver’ to Improve Energy Efficiency on Indian Railways Inaugurated
- Min of Statistics & Programme Implementation
- Consumer Price Index Numbers on Base 2010=100 for Rural, Urban and Combined for the Month of March, 2014
Ministry of Railways17-June, 2013 13:08 IST
|Railway Revenue Earnings up by 12.73 per cent during April - May 2013 |
|The total approximate earnings of Indian Railways on originating basis during 1st April to 31st May 2013 were Rs. 22439.30 crore compared to Rs. 19905.32 crore during the same period last year, registering an increase of 12.73 per cent. |
The total goods earnings have gone up from Rs. 14169.34 crore during 1st April – 31st May 2012 to Rs. 15660.11 crore during 1st April – May 2013, registering an increase of 10.52 per cent.
The total passenger revenue earnings during 1st April – 31st May 2013 were Rs. 5803.43 crore compared to Rs. 4940.04 crore during the same period last year, registering an increase of 17.48 per cent.
The approximate revenue earnings from other coaching amounted to Rs. 696.12 crore during April - May 2013 compared to Rs. 490.13 crore during the same period last year, an increase of 42.03 per cent.
The total approximate numbers of passengers booked during 1st April– 31st May 2013-14 were 1395.11 million compared to 1392.47 million during the same period last year, showing an increase of 0.19 per cent. In the suburban and non-suburban sectors, the numbers of passengers booked during April-May 2013 were 725.63 million and 669.48 million compared to 700.51 million and 691.96 million during the same period last year, showing an increase of 3.59 per cent and a decrease of 3.25 per cent respectively.
(Release ID :96587)