English Release 25-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Speech by the President of India
Shri Pranab Mukherjee on the Occasion of Release of a Commemorative Postage Stamp on
- President of India Releases a Commemorative Postage Stamp on Anagarika Dharmapala
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi’s address at the ceremony held to rededicate, Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre, in Mumbai
- PM rededicates Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre in Mumbai
- PM greets the Nation on auspicious occasion of Bhai Dooj
- Election Commission
- Press Note
- Schedule for bye-election to fill casual vacancies in the Legislative Assembly of NCT of Delhi – Regarding.
- Schedule for General Elections to the Legislative Assemblies of Jharkhand and Jammu & Kashmir.
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Minister for Communications & IT and Law & Justice, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad Spoke at the Release Function of a Postage Stamp Commemorating Srimath Anagarika Dharmapala, the Great Buddhist Thinker and Visionary from Sri Lanka
- Ministry of Finance
- President of India
to Inaugurate Three Day Accountants’ General Conference on Monday
- Min of Home Affairs
- Observance of the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31st October
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh says Indian bureaucrats need constant re-orientation as they face new challenges every day
Ministry of Shipping19-June, 2013 16:22 IST
Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust Signs Concession Agreement with M/s. Nhava Sheva (India) Gateway Terminal Pvt. Ltd |
|The Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT), Mumbai and Nhava Sheva (India) Gateway Terminal Pvt. Ltd. (a subsidiary of M/s DP World), signed a concession agreement today for development of standalone container handling facility at the Jawaharlal Nehru port. Shri G. K. Vasan, Union Minister for Shipping and Sultan Ahmed Bin Sulayem, Chairman, M/s DP World were present on the occasion. Under the agreement, a terminal with the quay length of 330 metres will be developed by the concessionaire at an estimated cost of Rs. 600 Crores. The estimated capacity addition will be 0.8 Million TEUs per annum. The project is slated to be completed by December 2015. |
The project would be executed on DBFOT (Design, Built, Finance Operate and Transfer) basis, with a concession period of approximately 17 years. The Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust floated a global tender and DP World was the successful bidder for the project, with their offer of 28.9% revenue share to the port. M/s DP World has formed a special purpose vehicle (SPV) namely Nhava Sheva (India) Gateway Terminal Pvt. Ltd. to implement this project.
The agreement was signed on behalf of JNPT by Chairman Shri N.N. Kumar and on behalf of Nhava Sheva (India) Gateway Terminal Pvt. Ltd by Shri Anil Singh, Senior Vice President & MD of DP World (Subcontinent).
Speaking on the occasion, Union Minister for Shipping Shri G.K. Vasan said that the achievement of the Ministry was outstanding during 2012-13, in terms of awarding capacity augmentation projects at major ports. The Ministry has awarded 32 Projects in 2012-13 which will add a capacity of 137 MMTPA (Million Metric Tonne Per Annum) at an estimated investment of Rs. 6765 crore. This is the best performance for any year in the history.
JN Port is the biggest container handling Port in India, handling around 44% of the country's containerized cargo, first crossing the historic landmark of 4 million TEUs in container throughput in the year 2007-08. The port is currently ranked 26th among the top 100 Container Ports in the world.
(Release ID :96632)