English Release 17-April 2014
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Addresses at Golden Jubilee and 48th Convocation of the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade
- Min of Commerce & Industry
- Commerce Secretary to Lead High-Level Delegation to India Show in Hong Kong
- Min of Defence
Indian Air Force Placement Cell (IAFPC) and Monster India Collaborate to Foster Job Opportunities for Retired Air Warriors
Admiral RK Dhowan PVSM, AVSM, YSM
- Admiral RK Dhowan Appointed the New CNS
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket increased to US$ 107.50 per bbl on 16.4.2014
- Ministry of Railways
Commodity-Wise Freight Revenue Earnings During Fiscal 2013-14
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Storage of Important Reservoirs in the Country (As on 27 March 2014)
Ministry of Railways08-July, 2013 16:45 IST
|Railway Revenue Earnings up by 11.93 Per Cent during April - June 2013 |
|The total approximate earnings of Indian Railways on originating basis during 1st April to 30th June 2013 were Rs. 33497.09 crore compared to Rs. 29926.67 crore during the same period last year, registering an increase of 11.93 per cent. |
The total goods earnings have gone up from Rs. 21211.41 crore during 1st April – 30th June 2012 to Rs. 23193.98 crore during 1st April – June 2013, registering an increase of 9.35 per cent.
The total passenger revenue earnings during 1st April – 30th June 2013 were Rs. 8724.66 crore compared to Rs. 7462.17 crore during the same period last year, registering an increase of 16.92 per cent.
The approximate revenue earnings from other coaching amounted to Rs. 1014.36 crore during April - June 2013 compared to Rs. 744.73 crore during the same period last year, an increase of 36.21 per cent.
The total approximate numbers of passengers booked during 1st April– 30th June 2013 were 2100.20 million compared to 2114.69 million during the same period last year, showing a decrease of 0.69 per cent. In the suburban and non-suburban sectors, the numbers of passengers booked during April-June 2013 were 1100.88 million and 999.32 million compared to 1074.77 million and 1039.92 million during the same period last year, showing an increase of 2.43 per cent and a decrease of 3.90 per cent respectively.
(Release ID :97081)