English Release 2-September 2014
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Inaugurates 89th Foundation Course at Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration in Mussoorie
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM's keynote address at event organized by Nikkei Inc. and Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO)
- Text of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s special lecture at the University of the Sacred Heart, Tokyo
- PM’s remarks after inaugurating the TCS Japan Technology and Culture Academy
- PM's special lecture at the University of the Sacred Heart, Tokyo
- Min of Agriculture
- Government puts Agriculture Sector on Fast Track
- Min of Defence
- Fast Patrol Vessel ICGS Abhiraj Commissioned at Tuticorin
- Min of Environment and Forests
- Initiatives of the Ministry of Environment, Forests & Climate Change
- Ministry of Finance
- A High Level Committee Constituted for Considering the Proposals for Assessment of Income arising or accruing before 1st April, 2012 on Account of Retrospective Amendments to the Provisions Related to Indirect Transfer
- Min of Home Affairs
- Union Home Minister asks Kerala CM to take Strict action against Political Killings
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- I&B Ministry initiatives to enhance Outreach and information dissemination through multiple platforms
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Petroleum Minister emphasizes on adopting energy efficient techniques for better development of the nation
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 101.29 per bbl on 01.09.2014
- Min of Power
- Landmark Initiatives for Energy Efficiency Launched
- Min of Science & Technology
- Dr Jitendra Singh Announces DBT Collaboration in Establishing A “National Cancer Institute” at Jhajjar, Haryana.
- Min of Tribal Affairs
- “Single Window System” for Obtaining Market Information on Minor Forest Produces Through Toll Free Number 1800 180 1551
Ministry of Railways08-July, 2013 16:45 IST
|Railway Revenue Earnings up by 11.93 Per Cent during April - June 2013 |
|The total approximate earnings of Indian Railways on originating basis during 1st April to 30th June 2013 were Rs. 33497.09 crore compared to Rs. 29926.67 crore during the same period last year, registering an increase of 11.93 per cent. |
The total goods earnings have gone up from Rs. 21211.41 crore during 1st April – 30th June 2012 to Rs. 23193.98 crore during 1st April – June 2013, registering an increase of 9.35 per cent.
The total passenger revenue earnings during 1st April – 30th June 2013 were Rs. 8724.66 crore compared to Rs. 7462.17 crore during the same period last year, registering an increase of 16.92 per cent.
The approximate revenue earnings from other coaching amounted to Rs. 1014.36 crore during April - June 2013 compared to Rs. 744.73 crore during the same period last year, an increase of 36.21 per cent.
The total approximate numbers of passengers booked during 1st April– 30th June 2013 were 2100.20 million compared to 2114.69 million during the same period last year, showing a decrease of 0.69 per cent. In the suburban and non-suburban sectors, the numbers of passengers booked during April-June 2013 were 1100.88 million and 999.32 million compared to 1074.77 million and 1039.92 million during the same period last year, showing an increase of 2.43 per cent and a decrease of 3.90 per cent respectively.
(Release ID :97081)