English Release 19-December 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM conveys best wishes to people of Goa, on Goa Liberation Day
- PM condoles the passing away of eminent Gandhian Shri Chunibhai Vaidya
- Min of Defence
- Chairman COSC & CAS Air Chief Marshal Arup Raha leaves
for a two day visit to Mumbai
- Min of Environment and Forests
- Report of the High Level Committee headed by Shri T.S.R. Subramanian to review various Acts administered by Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 58.22 per bbl on 18.12.2014
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Storage Status of 85 Important Reservoirs of the Country as on December 18, 2014
Ministry of Railways08-July, 2013 16:45 IST
|Railway Revenue Earnings up by 11.93 Per Cent during April - June 2013 |
|The total approximate earnings of Indian Railways on originating basis during 1st April to 30th June 2013 were Rs. 33497.09 crore compared to Rs. 29926.67 crore during the same period last year, registering an increase of 11.93 per cent. |
The total goods earnings have gone up from Rs. 21211.41 crore during 1st April – 30th June 2012 to Rs. 23193.98 crore during 1st April – June 2013, registering an increase of 9.35 per cent.
The total passenger revenue earnings during 1st April – 30th June 2013 were Rs. 8724.66 crore compared to Rs. 7462.17 crore during the same period last year, registering an increase of 16.92 per cent.
The approximate revenue earnings from other coaching amounted to Rs. 1014.36 crore during April - June 2013 compared to Rs. 744.73 crore during the same period last year, an increase of 36.21 per cent.
The total approximate numbers of passengers booked during 1st April– 30th June 2013 were 2100.20 million compared to 2114.69 million during the same period last year, showing a decrease of 0.69 per cent. In the suburban and non-suburban sectors, the numbers of passengers booked during April-June 2013 were 1100.88 million and 999.32 million compared to 1074.77 million and 1039.92 million during the same period last year, showing an increase of 2.43 per cent and a decrease of 3.90 per cent respectively.
(Release ID :97081)