English Release 16-April 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Probationers of Indian Postal Service and Indian P&T Accounts and Finance Service call on the President
- Election Commission
- Facts at a Glance: Jammu & Kashmir (5th Poll Day)
- Min of Commerce & Industry
- Indian Industry has an Important Role to Play in Developing Standards: Cabinet Secretary
- Ministry of Finance
- Change in Tariff Value of Crude Palm Oil, RBD Palm Oil, Others – Palm Oil, Crude Palmolein, RBD Palmolein, Others – Palmolein, Crude Soyabean Oil, Brass Scrap (All Grades), Poppy Seeds, ARECA Nuts, Gold and Silver Notified
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- 61st National Film Awards for 2013 Announced
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- ACC Appointments
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Diesel Under-Recovery declines to Rs 5.49/litre for the fortnight commencing 16.4.2014
Ministry of Culture14-August, 2013 16:05 IST
Classical Status to Odiya Language |
|The Minister of Culture Smt. Chandresh Kumari Katoch has said that the Linguistic Experts' Committee, which has been constituted by the Government of India to consider demands for categorization of languages as Classical Languages, in its meeting held on 23.7.2013 has recommended Odiya to be declared as classical language. |
In a written reply in the Rajya Sabha today Smt. Katoch said, as per Government of India's Resolution No. 2-16/2004-US(Akademies) dated November 1, 2004, the benefits that will accrue to a language declared as "Classical Language" are as follows:
(i) Two major international awards for scholars of eminence in Classical Indian Languages are awarded annually.
(ii) A 'Centre of Excellence for Studies in Classical Languages' is set up.
(iii) The University Grants Commission be requested to create, to start with at least in the Central Universities, a certain number of Professional Chairs for Classical Languages for scholars of eminence in Classical Indian Languages.
(Release ID :98244)