English Release 23-April 2014
- Election Commission
Overall Facts at A Glance of 6th Polling Day on 24th April, 2014
- Facts at a Glance: Jammu & Kashmir (6th Poll Day)
- Min of Civil Aviation
DGCA Allows Use of Cellphone During Flight
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Production Performance of Oil & Natural Gas sector for the month of March, 2014
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket increased to US$ 107.08 per bbl on 22.4.2014
- Ministry of Railways
- Mobile and Desktop APP on Windows 8.0 for National Train Enquiry System (NTES) Commenced
Ministry of Culture14-August, 2013 16:05 IST
Classical Status to Odiya Language |
|The Minister of Culture Smt. Chandresh Kumari Katoch has said that the Linguistic Experts' Committee, which has been constituted by the Government of India to consider demands for categorization of languages as Classical Languages, in its meeting held on 23.7.2013 has recommended Odiya to be declared as classical language. |
In a written reply in the Rajya Sabha today Smt. Katoch said, as per Government of India's Resolution No. 2-16/2004-US(Akademies) dated November 1, 2004, the benefits that will accrue to a language declared as "Classical Language" are as follows:
(i) Two major international awards for scholars of eminence in Classical Indian Languages are awarded annually.
(ii) A 'Centre of Excellence for Studies in Classical Languages' is set up.
(iii) The University Grants Commission be requested to create, to start with at least in the Central Universities, a certain number of Professional Chairs for Classical Languages for scholars of eminence in Classical Indian Languages.
(Release ID :98244)