English Release 25-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Speech by the President of India
Shri Pranab Mukherjee on the Occasion of Release of a Commemorative Postage Stamp on
- President of India Releases a Commemorative Postage Stamp on Anagarika Dharmapala
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM rededicates Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre in Mumbai
- PM greets the Nation on auspicious occasion of Bhai Dooj
- Election Commission
- Press Note
- Schedule for bye-election to fill casual vacancies in the Legislative Assembly of NCT of Delhi – Regarding.
- Schedule for General Elections to the Legislative Assemblies of Jharkhand and Jammu & Kashmir.
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Minister for Communications & IT and Law & Justice, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad Spoke at the Release Function of a Postage Stamp Commemorating Srimath Anagarika Dharmapala, the Great Buddhist Thinker and Visionary from Sri Lanka
- Ministry of Finance
- President of India
to Inaugurate Three Day Accountants’ General Conference on Monday
- Min of Home Affairs
- Observance of the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31st October
Ministry of Culture14-August, 2013 16:10 IST
Preservation of Palm Leaf Manuscripts |
|The Minister of Culture Smt. Chandresh Kumari Katoch has said that the plans to preserve, protect and publish the Palm leaf manuscripts and Numismatic evidences is normally taken care of by the National Manuscript Mission, Societies for Numismatic Studies and by various Institutions like Oriental Research Institutes located in different parts of the country. Numismatic evidences discovered in exploration/excavation are recorded and preserved by various site Museums maintained by the ASI and State Governments whereas estampages copied on stone and copper plate inscriptions are preserved, protected and published by the Epigraphy Branch of the ASI. To preserve the estampages of the inscriptions they are pasted and subsequently deciphered and transcribed which are published in the ASI Departmental publications. |
In a written reply in the Rajya Sabha today Smt. Katoch said, Government implements the resolutions/suggestions given by the members of Central Advisory Board of Archaeology (CABA) and these are reflected in the form of Action Taken Report of the previous meeting and approved by the members in the following CABA meeting.
(Release ID :98249)