English Release 30-September 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President congratulates medal winners in Asian Games 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of Joint Editorial by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi and US President Mr. Barack Obama, published on the website of Washington Post
- PM to share his thoughts with the countrymen through Radio
- Text of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi's interaction session at the Council on Foreign Relations in New York
- Vision Statement for the U.S.-India Strategic Partnership
- PM’s address and interaction at Council on Foreign Relations in New York City
- Min of Agriculture
- Inclusion of State of Bihar under Foot and Mouth Disease Control Programme (FMD-CP)
- Min of Commerce & Industry
- Index of Eight Core Industries (Base: 2004-05=100), August, 2014
- Min of Defence
India US Combined Military Training Exercise
- Ministry of Finance
Change in Tariff Value of Crude Palm Oil, RBD Palm Oil, Others – Palm Oil, Crude Palmolein, RBD Palmolein, Others – Palmolein, Crude Soyabean Oil, Brass Scrap (All Grades), Poppy Seeds, Areca Nuts, Gold and Silver Notified
- Task Forces as Recommended by FSLRC Constituted for Laying the Road Map for Setting-up of Resolution Corporation (RC), Financial Data Management Centre (FDMC), Financial Sector Appellate Tribunal (FSAT) and Public Debt Management Agency (PDMA)
- Centralized Processing Center (CPC), Bengluru Becomes ISO-27001:2005 Compliant
- Min of Heavy Ind. & Public Enterprises
- Shri Kapil Dev Tripathi take Charge of Secretary Department of Public Enterprises
- Min of Home Affairs
- Union Home Minister receives contribution to PMNRF from National Police Academy
- Min of New and Renewable Energy
- First Renewable Energy Global Investment Promotion Meet & Expo to be held in February 2015
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 95.26 per bbl on 29.09.2014
- Min of Shipping
- Concept to be Finalised Soon for Impementation of the Sagar Mala Project
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- India won 2 Gold, 2 Silver and 3 Bronze Medals on Day 11 of Asian Games 2014
- Min of Urban Development
- Swachh Bharat Mission Logo and Tagline contest winners to be felicitated by Prime Minister
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Uma Bharti to Administer Swachh Bharat Shapath
- Min of Women and Child Development
- Smt. Maneka Sanjay Gandhi launches the New Guaranteed Minimum Pension Scheme in Dehradun
Ministry of Information & Broadcasting29-June, 2005 18:56 IST
|Juries for the selection of films for National Awards set up|
|The selection process of 52nd National Film Awards has begun with the constitution of three Juries for feature film, non-feature film and best writing on cinema sections. The renowned filmmaker Shri Sudhir Mishra, who has won critical acclaim internationally with his recent film “Hazaron KHwahishaiN Aisi” heads the feature film Jury, which has sixteen other members.
Shri A. K. Bir, Cinematographer/Director whose recent film “Baja” won the Best Children’s Film award heads the seven-member non-feature film Jury.
The Jury for best writing on cinema is headed by veteran film critic and former editor of ‘Screen’ and ‘Film Fare’ from Mumbai, Shri Rauf Ahmed. The other members of this Jury are Shri Utpal Borpujari, National Award winner for Best Film Critic for the year 2002 and Ms. Shoma A. Chatterji, a freelance writer on cinema and winner of two National Awards for her books on cinema.
The Juries represent different regions of the country as well as a wide spectrum of Indian Cinema in terms of different streams of cinema and professions. They are expected to conclude deliberations and forward their report to the Government by 13th July, 2005. The feature film Jury would watch nearly 25000 minutes of the cinema in 14 Indian languages. This year the feature film section holds 107 entries while non-feature film section has 118 including those received on video formats. The Jury for best writing on cinema is examining the work of 14 film critics and 22 books on cinema in 9 Indian languages.
The awards aim at encouraging production of aesthetic films with technical excellence and social relevance. In the past 51 years the awards have succeeded in contributing to the development of cinematic form in the country while promoting the concept of cultural integration and unity of the nation.
The members of the Jury on feature film category are; Ms. Shatabdi Roy, renowned actress from West Bengal, Ms. Preeti Sagar, Singer, Ms. Vani Shree renowned actress from Telugu cinema, Shri L. Vaidyanathan, Musicologist and Composer from Tamil Nadu, Shri Sandeep Sawant, Director of India’s entry to Oscars “Shwaas”, Shri Subhadro Chaudhury, Film Director from West Bengal, Shri Chandi Mukherjee, veteran film critic from West Bengal, Shri Sharad Dutt, veteran film critic and Television Director, Shri Bhajan Sopori, eminent Musician and Composer from Jammu and Kashmir, Shri T. S. Nagabharna, renowned Kannada Director, Shri Nagesh Kukunoor, Director of films like Bollywood Calling, Hyderabad Blues and Teen Deewarein, Shri Ranjeet Das, Film & Television Director from Assam, Shri M. Sanjeev, veteran Producer from Karnataka, Shri M. Mohan, eminent Director from Kerala, Shri Vinod Ganatra, senior film Director whose recent film Heda Hoda was screened at many International Film Festivals last year including Cannes, Shri Vasantha, renowned Film Director from Chennai.
The members of the Jury on non-feature film category are; Shri Vasiraju Prakasam, veteran film critic from Hyderabad, Shri Sudhish Gopalakrishnan, Documentary filmmaker and National Film Award winner from Kerala, Shri Supriyo Sen, Documentary filmmaker whose recent film “Way Back Home” has been screened in many International Film Festivals and also won him National Film Award, Shri Prasann Jain, National Award winning Cinematographer, Ms. Kadambari Chintamani, Journalist, renowned social activist and documentary filmmaker, Dr. Pushpesh Pant, Academician and Writer.
(Release ID :9928)