English Release 21-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Envoys of five nations present credentials to President of India
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Greets People on Deepawali
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM expresses joy on India being re-elected to UNHRC
- PM chairs meeting on urban development issues
- PM’s Telephone Conversation with Prime Minister of Malaysia
- PM to be in Srinagar on Diwali, 23rd October; will spend the day with flood-affected people
- PM salutes the bravery of our policemen on Police Commemoration Day
- PM greets the nation on Dhanteras
- Election Commission
- South Asian Election Commissioners Impressed by Counting Technology and Prompt Results Sharing of Experiences at South Asian Workshop
- Min of Agriculture
- National Seeds Corporation Hands Over Dividend Cheque to Union Agriculture Minister
- Radha Mohan Singh emphasizes the need to increase Productivity of Milch Cattle
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Indian Deegation to the ITU Conference Lead by Communications and Information Technology Minister Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad called for Democratisation of Global Affairs of Telecommunications and Internet Governance
- Min of Corporate Affairs
- Merger of National Spot Exchange Limited
- Google Case
- Min of Culture
- Union Minister of State for Culture and Tourism, Shri Shripad Naik launches the National Portal for Museums
- Min of Defence
- Navy Helicopter Airlifts Spares for 132 kv Transmission
Tower on Simhachalam Hill – Visakhapatnam
- Ministry of Finance
- Project Report on “DRISHTI” Submitted to Finance Minister
- Min of Food Processing Industries
- Minister of Food Processing Industries Reiterates the Need to Strengthen further Indo-French Cooperation in Agro-processing Sector.
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Dr Harsh Vardhan spells out Ebola action plan
- Min of Mines
- Mineral Production During August 2014
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- ACC Appointments
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Production Performance of Oil & Natural Gas Sector for the month of September, 2014
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 84.12 per bbl on 20.10.2014
- Min of Road Transport & Highways
- Electronic Toll Collection: A Uniform Standard of Service to Commuters
- Min of Science & Technology
- Dr. Jitendra Singh announces hike in fellowship amount to Research Scientists
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- India Won 2 Gold, 1silver & 3 Bronze at 2nd Asian Para Games 2014 on 20th October, 2014
- Min of Steel
- Ministry of Steel to set up “Steel Research & Technology Mission of India”
Ministry of Information & Broadcasting29-June, 2005 18:56 IST
|Juries for the selection of films for National Awards set up|
|The selection process of 52nd National Film Awards has begun with the constitution of three Juries for feature film, non-feature film and best writing on cinema sections. The renowned filmmaker Shri Sudhir Mishra, who has won critical acclaim internationally with his recent film “Hazaron KHwahishaiN Aisi” heads the feature film Jury, which has sixteen other members.
Shri A. K. Bir, Cinematographer/Director whose recent film “Baja” won the Best Children’s Film award heads the seven-member non-feature film Jury.
The Jury for best writing on cinema is headed by veteran film critic and former editor of ‘Screen’ and ‘Film Fare’ from Mumbai, Shri Rauf Ahmed. The other members of this Jury are Shri Utpal Borpujari, National Award winner for Best Film Critic for the year 2002 and Ms. Shoma A. Chatterji, a freelance writer on cinema and winner of two National Awards for her books on cinema.
The Juries represent different regions of the country as well as a wide spectrum of Indian Cinema in terms of different streams of cinema and professions. They are expected to conclude deliberations and forward their report to the Government by 13th July, 2005. The feature film Jury would watch nearly 25000 minutes of the cinema in 14 Indian languages. This year the feature film section holds 107 entries while non-feature film section has 118 including those received on video formats. The Jury for best writing on cinema is examining the work of 14 film critics and 22 books on cinema in 9 Indian languages.
The awards aim at encouraging production of aesthetic films with technical excellence and social relevance. In the past 51 years the awards have succeeded in contributing to the development of cinematic form in the country while promoting the concept of cultural integration and unity of the nation.
The members of the Jury on feature film category are; Ms. Shatabdi Roy, renowned actress from West Bengal, Ms. Preeti Sagar, Singer, Ms. Vani Shree renowned actress from Telugu cinema, Shri L. Vaidyanathan, Musicologist and Composer from Tamil Nadu, Shri Sandeep Sawant, Director of India’s entry to Oscars “Shwaas”, Shri Subhadro Chaudhury, Film Director from West Bengal, Shri Chandi Mukherjee, veteran film critic from West Bengal, Shri Sharad Dutt, veteran film critic and Television Director, Shri Bhajan Sopori, eminent Musician and Composer from Jammu and Kashmir, Shri T. S. Nagabharna, renowned Kannada Director, Shri Nagesh Kukunoor, Director of films like Bollywood Calling, Hyderabad Blues and Teen Deewarein, Shri Ranjeet Das, Film & Television Director from Assam, Shri M. Sanjeev, veteran Producer from Karnataka, Shri M. Mohan, eminent Director from Kerala, Shri Vinod Ganatra, senior film Director whose recent film Heda Hoda was screened at many International Film Festivals last year including Cannes, Shri Vasantha, renowned Film Director from Chennai.
The members of the Jury on non-feature film category are; Shri Vasiraju Prakasam, veteran film critic from Hyderabad, Shri Sudhish Gopalakrishnan, Documentary filmmaker and National Film Award winner from Kerala, Shri Supriyo Sen, Documentary filmmaker whose recent film “Way Back Home” has been screened in many International Film Festivals and also won him National Film Award, Shri Prasann Jain, National Award winning Cinematographer, Ms. Kadambari Chintamani, Journalist, renowned social activist and documentary filmmaker, Dr. Pushpesh Pant, Academician and Writer.
(Release ID :9928)