- Central Labour Institute, Mumbai Celebrates its Golden Jubliee on 9th February (08-February 2016)
- Labour and Employment Ministry Sign Eight MoU with Leading Agencies Connecting Job Providers and Jobseekers (05-February 2016)
- EPFO’S Withdraws Grace Period of 5 Days for Depositing the Dues from Feburary . 2016 (12-January 2016)
- The Payment of Bonus (Amendment) Bill, 2015 notified:Increase in the Eligibility Limit under clause (13) of Section 2 and Calculation Ceiling under Section 12 of the Payment of Bonus Act, 2015 (08-January 2016)
- EPFO’S Claim Settlement Crosses 90 Lakhs in the Current Fiscal
EPFO Introduces UAN Based Simplified Claim Forms
more than 2 Lakh Grievances Resolved by EPFO (07-January 2016)
- Cabinet approves ILO Recommendation No. 204 (R-204) concerning transition from the informal to the formal economy (06-January 2016)
- Consultative Committee, Labour and Employment discusses “Functioning of DGMS and DGFASLI” (05-January 2016)
- All-India Consumer Price Index Numbers for Agricultural and Rural Labourers –November, 2015 (04-January 2016)
- Vacant Posts in DGFASLI (21-December 2015)
- Industrial Dispute Act (21-December 2015)
- Migrant Workers (21-December 2015)
- Minimum Pensions (21-December 2015)
- Insurance Cover to Unorganised Labourers (21-December 2015)
- Implementation of Labour Laws (21-December 2015)
- Achievements and Initiatives of the Ministry of Labour & Employment (17-December 2015)
- Reforms in the Labour Laws (16-December 2015)
- Procedure for Factory Visit by Labour Officers (16-December 2015)
- Women Registered in Employment Exchanges In U.P. (16-December 2015)
- Promotion of Labour-Intensive Manufacturing (16-December 2015)
- Shri Bandaru Dattatreya Launches ESIC’S New Website of Hospitals (14-December 2015)
Ministry of Labour & Employment
|Central Labour Institute, Mumbai Celebrates its Golden Jubliee on 9th February |
| Central Labour Institute, Mumbai is completing 50 years of its existence on 9th February 2016. It is the leading institute in the country on Safety & Health under Directorate General Factory Advice Service & Labour Institutes (DGFASLI) Government of India.The foundation stone of the CLI building was laid by the first Prime Minister of India , Late Shri Jawahar Lal Nehru on 7th October 1954 and Late Dr. Sarvapalli Radhakrishanan, the then President of India inaugurated it on 9th February 1966 as a National Centre for research, training and consultancy on various issues related to human factor. |
The Director General CLI Dr. Avneesh Singh informed that to commemorate the Golden Jubilee Celebration, DGFASLI is organizing number of technical activities for promotion of Occupational Safety & Health. A National Conference on “Occupational Safety and Health –Best Practices” is being organised on 9th & 10th February, 2016 at CLI Mumbai with congregation of National & International Delegates specialised in the field of OSH.
The conference will be inaugurated by Shri Bandaru Dattatreya, Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Labour &Employment, Government of India on 9th February 2016. Shri Shankar Aggarwal, IAS, Secretary, Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India will also be present on the occasion.
International agencies such as International Labour Organisation (ILO) and German Social Accident Insurance (DGUV), Germany, International Labour Organisation (ILO), eminent National & International safety professionals and Government functionaries will share the best practices on OSH during the conference.
An Exhibition on Safety & Health will be an added attraction to the National Conference wherein more than 70 manufacturers of Personal Protective & Safety Equipment will participate and showcase their products for benefit of the delegates.
“Occupational Safety and Health - Mela” will be organised in the evening of 9th February 2016. A Safety Fashion Show during the OSH Mela will be held to promote safety culture among the stakeholders. The retired officials of DGFASLI will be felicitated during the function to recognise their contributions which has helped CLI, Mumbai to attain this glory.
The DGFASLI has set a goal of promoting safety by launching a yearlong National Campaign on Occupational safety and Health. This National campaign will be having series of programmes such as specialized seminars, workshops, training programs, webinars, etc., throughout the country to reach entire cross sections of the working community.