- Tourism Minister of Philippines Mr Ramon R. Jimenez calls on his Indian counterpart Dr Mahesh Sharma (29-January 2015)
- Signing of MoU between India and Oman in the field of tourism (28-January 2015)
- Dr. Mahesh Sharma Assures Tourism and Airline Industries that their Concerns will be addressed within a Definite time Frame (23-January 2015)
- Dr. Mahesh sharma assures Tourism and Airline Industries that their Concerns will be Addressed within a Definite time Frame (22-January 2015)
- TVoA register an increase of 421.6% during December, 2014 over the same period last year (19-January 2015)
- National Steering Committee for new plan schemes of ‘PRASAD’ and ‘Integrated Development of Tourist Circuits’ holds its first meeting (14-January 2015)
- Foreign Tourist Arrivals show an increase of 6.8% in Dec 2014 over Dec 2013 (07-January 2015)
- Rajya Sabha MP Sh.Tarun Vijay calls on Union Tourism Minister (05-January 2015)
- Dividend cheque of Rs 3.73 crpresented to Union Tourism Minister by ITDC (05-January 2015)
- Tourism Minister takes a Review Meeting of Progress of New Schemes of the Ministry; Lays Emphasis on Strict Adherence to Timelines and Close Monitoring of Schemes (31-December 2014)
- Government launches ETA enabled Tourist Visas on Arrival, more than 22,000 visas processed during first month of its launch (31-December 2014)
- Government has set a target to achieve one percent share in global tourism arrivals by next year: Dr Mahesh Sharma (29-December 2014)
- Initiatives of Ministries of Tourism & Culture to mark Good Governance Day (26-December 2014)
- Tourism and Culture Minister launches e-ticketing for Taj Mahal &Humayun’s Tomb& 24x7 Incredible India Tourist Helpline (26-December 2014)
- Study to assess impact of International Media Campaign of Ministry of Tourism (22-December 2014)
- Central Financial assistance for damage to tourist facilities in Odisha and Andhra Pradesh by Cyclone Hudhud (22-December 2014)
- Foreign Tourist Arrivals (17-December 2014)
- 29 Tourism projects sanctioned for the North Eastern States in 2014-15 (17-December 2014)
- Mega Tourism Projects (17-December 2014)
- ETA enabled Visa on Arrival Scheme (15-December 2014)
Ministry of Tourism
|Tourism Minister of Philippines Mr Ramon R. Jimenez calls on his Indian counterpart Dr Mahesh Sharma |
Both sides agree to improve air connectivity and explore potential in hotel and hospitality education
|A delegation led by the Tourism Minister of Philippines, H.E Mr Ramon R. Jimenez met the Minister of State for Tourism (Independent Charge), Culture (Independent Charge) and Civil Aviation, Dr Mahesh Sharma in New Delhi today. Senior officials of the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India were also present. |
Both sides discussed ways to promote two-way exchange in the tourism sector. Various issues ranging from connectivity, infrastructure, and hospitality and hotel management education were discussed in the meeting.
Dr Mahesh Sharma highlighted the recent steps taken by the Indian government to promote tourism like Visa on Arrival enabled by Electronic Travel Authorisation, addressing issues like cleanliness, safety and security among others. He said that India has a lot to offer in terms of tourism and culture as well as history.
The Philippines Tourism Minister, Mr Ramon R. Jimenez said that Philippines has a lot to offer in the area of Human Resource Development because of the presence of several good institutes of tourism, hospitality, restaurant and hotel management institutes for collaboration with India. He also disclosed that Philippines is exploring the possibility of lifting visa requirements for Indians on an experimental basis for 2015-16. Highlighting the difficulty of connectivity between the two countries, the Philippines Minister urged Dr Sharma to take it up on a priority basis. He also invited the Minister to visit Philippines.
Winding up the discussion. Dr Mahesh Sharma assured that action will be taken by Government of India in the areas identified.
Release ID :115055