- CMD, ITDC Presents Dividend Cheques of ITDC & KFHL for 2014-15 Amounting to Rs.18.88 Crores to Dr. Mahesh Sharma (23-November 2015)
- Tourism Minister of Bulgaria Meets Dr. Mahesh Sharma (23-November 2015)
- 1987.9 % Growth Registered in Tourist Visa on Arrival (TVoA) in October, 2015 Over October, 2014 (16-November 2015)
- 1.7% growth in Foreign Tourist Arrivals in October 2015 over the same period in 2014 (10-November 2015)
- Signing of a Memorandum of Understanding between India and Colombia in the field of Tourism (05-November 2015)
- India is aiming to attract one million UK visitors by 2020, Says Tourism Secretary (03-November 2015)
- 4th International Tourism Mart inaugurated in Gangtok, Sikkim (15-October 2015)
- More than 2 Lakh Tourists arrived on e-Tourist Visa during Jan-Sept 2015 showing an increase of 945.6% over the same period last year (09-October 2015)
- Foreign Tourist Arrivals (FTAs) register a growth of 6.1 % in September 2015 over the same period in 2014 (09-October 2015)
Fourth International Tourism Mart to be held in Gangtok from 14th-16th October, 2015 (30-September 2015)
- Ministry of Tourism launches several new initiatives on World Tourism Day (27-September 2015)
- World Tourism Day celebrated today (27-September 2015)
- Entry to Nearly 200 Monuments Free on World Tourism Day (26-September 2015)
- National Steering Committee on Swadesh Darshan and PRASAD schemes of Ministry of Tourism meets (24-September 2015)
- Government will promote Medical and Wellness Tourism through a focused approach: Dr Mahesh Sharma (22-September 2015)
- Memorandum of Understanding on Tourism Cooperation
between India and Cambodia (22-September 2015)
- President Gives Away National Tourism Awards 2013-14 (18-September 2015)
- National Tourism Awards 2013-14 (18-September 2015)
- Dr. Mahesh Sharma chairs the meeting of Hindi Advisory Committee of the Ministry of Tourism (16-September 2015)
- Nearly One Lakh Seventy Thousand Tourists arrived on e-Tourist Visa during Jan-Aug 2015 showing an increase of 893% over the same period last year (10-September 2015)
Ministry of Tourism
|CMD, ITDC Presents Dividend Cheques of ITDC & KFHL for 2014-15 Amounting to Rs.18.88 Crores to Dr. Mahesh Sharma |
|The Chairman, Indian Tourism Development Corporation (ITDC) Shri Umang Narula presented Two Dividend cheques of ITDC and KFHL for 2014-15 for the Government of India amounting to Rs.18.88 crores to the Minister of State (I/C) for Tourism and Culture Dr. Mahesh Sharma here today. Secretary, M/o Tourism Shri Vinod Zutshi and senior officers of Ministry and ITDC were present on the occasion. |
Addressing on the occasion, the Minister said that as per the initiatives of the Prime Minister for ‘Good Governance’ taken last year, the good results have started yielding now. The officers of his Ministry and Departments have been assigned target oriented goals with proper transparency. His Ministry had recently held a meeting with the representatives of 8 States on the issue of loss making hotels, he added.
ITDC, a PSU under the administrative control of the Ministry of Tourism has declared a dividend of 20% amounting to Rs.17.15 crore for 2014-15, the highest ever in terms of amount and the highest since 2007-08 in terms of percentage and Kumarakruppa Frontier Hotels Pvt. Ltd. (KFHL), another PSU under the Ministry of Tourism has also declared a dividend amounting to Rs.4.39 crore for 2014-15.
For the financial year 2014-15, ITDC posted a robust performance registering the Net profit of Rs.38.95 crore on a turnover of Rs.504.19 crore, the highest since 2007-08. Of the overall performance, the Hotel Segment i.e. the Core area of ITDC achieved a impressive turnover of Rs.283.90 crore with a profit of Rs.10.81 crore. Besides Hotels, the other segments dealt by ITDC are Tours & Travels, Events Division, Institute of Hospitality & Tourism Management, Consultancy & Engineering Services, International Trade Division all under the brand of Ashok.
ITDC had eight hotels of its own and five joint venture hotels under the brand of Ashok. Besides hotels, ITDC also managed catering at VVIP Venues like Hyderabad House, Vigyan Bhawan. The Ashok hosts various important conferences, prestigious events for various Ministries, Government bodies and Corporates. Chefs from Ashok Group of Hotels participated in Indian Food Festivals in various countries including Egypt, Cairo, Stockholm, Cambodia, China, South Africa, Lebanon, Dominican Republic, Zimbabwe, Algeria, Mauritius, Argentina, Paraguay, Cyprus, Netherland, Bali & Indonesia on behalf of the Government of India showcasing the fineries of Indian Cuisine to the world. Chefs of the ITDC Group of Hotels also won a number of prestigious awards.
During 2014-15, the Events Division of ITDC hosted “India-US CEO Forum” [ chaired by the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India & His Excellency The President of USA];”India-US Business Summit” [ chaired by the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India & His Excellency the President of USA]; besides many other prestigious events organized by the Government of India.
Sound & Light Show(SEL) is the unique expertise of ITDC. The Sound & Light Show Division is primarily undertaking the implementation of Sound & Light Show projects across the country. The Division undertakes the project right from the site identification stage to conceptualization till commissioning. The Division has recently mounted show at Ross Island in Andaman & Nicobar and another at Deoghar in Jharkhand.
Ashok Institute of Hospitality & Tourism Management segment of ITDC (AIH&TM) set-up, a Centre of Excellence at Hotel Samrat, New Delhi in affiliation with National Council of Hotel Management Catering Technology providing B.Sc. Course in Hospitality & Tourism Management at the level IHM.
Sanjay Kumar/jk/Tourism (2)/23.11.2015