- 2ND Convocation of IITTM, Noida (22-March 2015)
- Ministry of Tourism sanctions Rs 50 cr for Nabakalebar Rath Yatra Festival (21-March 2015)
- India Pavilion wins the 2nd place for the Best Stand in the Asia, Australia and Oceania category at ITB Berlin (20-March 2015)
- New Tourism Policy 2015 to be launched on 15th of May this year: Tourism Minister (18-March 2015)
- Union Tourism Ministry will meet all possible requirements to facilitate Nabakalebar Rath Yatra, 2015: Dr Mahesh Sharma (16-March 2015)
- The Tourism and Culture Minister Meets Public Relations Minister of M (16-March 2015)
- High level committee to develop an action plan for integrated promotion of Culture and Tourism in Varanasi: Dr Mahesh Sharma (14-March 2015)
- Nabakalebar Rath Yatra, 2015 to be Promoted as International Tourism Event (13-March 2015)
- The Governor of Goa meets the Union Culture & Tourism Minister (13-March 2015)
- TVoAs in February 2015 show an increase of 1162% over the TVoAs of February 2014 (13-March 2015)
- All efforts must to be made to revive ailing units of ITDC: Dr Mahesh Sharma (10-March 2015)
- 7.61 lakh FTAs during February, 2015 as compared to 7.58 lakh FTAs during Feb, 2014 (10-March 2015)
- Foreign Tourist Arrivals record an impressive growth rate of 10.6% during 2014 (09-March 2015)
- Large Revenue Generating Projects for Development of Tourism Infrastructure (09-March 2015)
- News schemes PRASAD and SWADESH DARSHAN launched by the government to promote Tourism: Dr Mahesh Sharma (09-March 2015)
- 169962 persons trained till date in the Hunar Se RozgarTak since its inception (09-March 2015)
- U.P. Pro-Poor Tourism Development Project forwarded to World Bank for assistance of USD 210 (09-March 2015)
- Number of Foreign Tourist Arrivals (FTAs) is likely to grow by 10.6% in 2014 (04-March 2015)
- The number of DTVs and FTVs to Andaman & Nicobar Islands have shown an increasing trend during the last 5 years (04-March 2015)
- Indian Culinary Institute being set up at Tirupati; Andhra Pradesh with a Northern Region Centre at Noida (04-March 2015)
Ministry of Tourism
|2ND Convocation of IITTM, Noida |
Dr Mahesh Sharma awards degrees/diplomas to graduates of Indian Institute of Tourism & Travel Management of Ministry of Tourism
Tourism Ministry is processing the proposal of setting up of a National Tourism University at Noida: Dr Mahesh Sharma
|The Union Minister of Tourism (Independent Charge), Culture (Independent Charge) and Civil Aviation , Dr Mahesh Sharma awarded degrees/diplomas to 1605 graduates of Indian Institute of Tourism & Travel Management( IITTM ) at its 2nd Convocation in Noida today. Dr Mahesh Sharma is the Chairman, Board Of Governors of IITTM , an autonomous organisation of the Union Ministry of Tourism . The Minister also gave away awards of excellence to outstanding students for their meritorious performance. The convocation was presided over by Dr.Lalit K. Panwar, Secretary (Tourism) ; and Prof. T. V. Kattimani, Vice-Chancellor of Indira Gandhi National Tribal University was the guest of honour. |
Speaking on the occasion , the Minister announced that the Tourism Ministry is processing the proposal of setting up of a National Tourism University at Noida. The proposal will be ready soon, he added. A proposal to set up a Museum of Culture in Noida is also in the pipeline, Dr Sharma disclosed.
Congratulating the graduates, the Minister said that they are now the Brand Ambassadors of the country to promote tourism . With your degrees, you have entered into a world which has a great potential, he said. The Minister exhorted them to strive constantly to uphold the knowledge, values and competencies acquired by them to make a mark for themselves in life , thereby ascending the prestige of IITTM.
The synergy between Tourism, Culture and Civil Aviation can take make India a hub of International Tourism, Dr Sharma explained. The Minister said that the Tourism sector not only generates foreign exchange, it also generates a lot of employment especially for women and is a source of women empowerment. He hoped that the graduates of IITTM will help to actualise India's hospitality mantra of Athithi Devo Bhav.
Indian Institute of Tourism and Travel Management (IITTM), an autonomous organization of the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India, is one of the premier institutes in the country offering education, training, research and consultancy in sustainable management of tourism, travel and other allied sectors. Since its establishment in 1983 at New Delhi, it has been devoted to the pursuit of higher knowledge in tourism and its dissemination to a diverse audience. Over the years, Institute has established a distinguished identity of its own and reached at a commanding position among sectoral B-Schools in the country. IITTM has five state of art campuses at Gwalior, Noida, Bhubneshwar, Nellor and Goa where PGDM courses on Tourism & Travel, Tourism & Leisure, International Business, Services and Tourism & Cargo are taught.
In this convocation a total of 1605 students from batches of 2009,2010, 2011 and 2012 of all campuses were conferred post graduate diplomas, which includes Tourism & Travel(Gwalior), International Business(Gwalior), Services(Gwalior), Tourism & Travel(Bhubaneswar), International Business(Bhubaneswar), Tourism & leisure (Noida) and Tourism & Cargo(Nellore). Students were also awarded with various medals and cash awards. Under Behram Dumasia Gold Medal which is given to toppers of International Business, Services & Tourism & Leisure, 12 students were awarded. Four students who were topper in Tourism from International Business & Services were awarded with Naksnband Gold Medal. Four students of Tourism & Leisure bagged the prestigious Inder Sharma Cash award worth Rs. 20,000/-. S.K. Mishra cash award of 15,000/- was given to four overall toppers of Tourism &Travel . IITTM best students award was given to 25 students and 27 students bagged the IITTM merit award.
Release ID :117576