- 41.5 Percent Growth in “Tourist Visa on Arrival” (VoA): October, 2014 (13-November 2014)
- Dr. Mahesh Sharma assumes charge as Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) of Tourism and Culture (12-November 2014)
- Performance of Tourism Sector during October 2014 (07-November 2014)
- Ministry of Tourism launches Android Mobile Application of its official online travel planner (27-October 2014)
- Tourist Visas on Arrival issued increase by 28.9 percent in September, 2014 over September, 2013 (17-October 2014)
- Centre to give special assistance to cyclone-hit states of Andhra Pradesh and Odisha for restoration of Government tourist facilities (17-October 2014)
3rd International Tourism Mart officially inaugurated in Shillong, Meghalaya (14-October 2014)
- Performance of Tourism Sector during September 2014 (13-October 2014)
- India and Japan Decide to Hold Joint Working Group Meeting on Tourism (24-September 2014)
- International Buddhist Conclave 2014 to be Inaugurated in Bodhgaya on 27th September 2014 (24-September 2014)
- Achievement/ Initiatives of Ministry of Tourism (19-September 2014)
- 59.7 Percent Growth in “Tourist Visa on Arrival” (VoA) Scheme : August, 2014 (12-September 2014)
- Cultural Hub, Mostly Open Air, Along the Lines of Times Square in Mumbai (12-September 2014)
- Union Tourism Ministry Announces Special Financial Package to J&K for Rebuilding Government Tourist Infrastructure (11-September 2014)
- Performance of Tourism Sector during August 2014 (09-September 2014)
- Ministry of Tourism launches the ‘Incredible India’ Mobile Application (03-September 2014)
- Shripad Naik launches Comprehensive Sustainable Tourism Criteria for India (26-August 2014)
- Union Tourism Ministry simplifies procedure for Hotel classification and re-classification (22-August 2014)
- Tourism Ministry delinks Hotel classification from Liquor Service (22-August 2014)
- India’s Tourism Sector resolves to Co-Create, Collaborate and Co-achieve (21-August 2014)
Ministry of Tourism
|41.5 Percent Growth in “Tourist Visa on Arrival” (VoA): October, 2014 |
| As a facilitative measure to attract more foreign tourists to India, the Government launched the “Visa on Arrival” (VoA) Scheme in January 2010 for citizens of five countries, viz. Finland, Japan, Luxembourg, New Zealand and Singapore, visiting India for tourism purposes. The Government extended this Scheme to the citizens of six more countries, namely Cambodia, Indonesia, Vietnam, the Philippines, Laos and Myanmar in January 2011. Recently Govt of India has extended Visa on Arrival (VoA) Scheme for South Korea for which Ministry has started receiving data w.e.f 15th April 2014. The following are the important highlights of VoAs issued during October, 2014. |
(i) During the month of October 2014, a total of 2,705 VoAs were issued under this Scheme as compared to 1,911 VoAs during the month of October 2013, registering a growth of 41.5%.
(ii) During January- October 2014, a total number of 21,995 VoAs were issued as compared to 15,770 VoAs during corresponding period of 2013 registering a growth of 39.5%.
(iii) The number of VoAs issued under this scheme during October 2014 for nationals of the twelve countries were South Korea (683), the Philippines (469), Japan (423), New Zealand (373), Singapore (345), Indonesia (225), Finland (105), Myanmar (34), Vietnam (20), Luxembourg (17), Cambodia (10) and Laos (1) .
(iv) The number of VoAs issued under the Scheme, during January- October 2014 were Japan (4,373), South Korea (4,243), New Zealand (3,263), Singapore (3,027), the Philippines (2,996), Indonesia (2,450), Finland (865), Myanmar (327), Vietnam (216), Cambodia (109), Luxembourg (108) and Laos (18).
(v) During January- October 2014, the highest number of VoAs were issued at New Delhi airport (10,378) followed by Mumbai (4,218), Chennai (3,014), Bangalore (1,487), Kolkata (1,418), Kochi (712), Hyderabad (547) and Trivandrum (221).