- The Nabakalebar festival to be promoted through Incredible India campaign: Dr Mahesh Sharma (27-June 2015)
- Centre to provide financial assistance for developing ropeways to promote tourism in Uttarakhand (25-June 2015)
Centre is in process of giving Rs.100 Cr for development of Tourism at and around Tehri: Dr. Mahesh Sharma (23-June 2015)
- Dr. Mahesh Sharma launches new series of ‘Atithi Devo Bhava’ TV commercials starring Aamir Khan as brand ambassador (19-June 2015)
- Dr Mahesh Sharma takes stock of the World-bank aided pro-poor Tourism Development project of Uttar Pradesh (12-June 2015)
- Centre to take all steps to help Assam state government expedite the proposal of World Heritage site for Majuli Island Dr Mahesh Sharma (12-June 2015)
- Tourism and Culture Minister holds meeting with member countries of Ambassadors Forum India (08-June 2015)
- Foreign Tourist Arrivals (FTAs) grow by 9.2% in May, 2015 over May, 2014 (08-June 2015)
- Total number of 1,10,657 tourist arrived on e-Tourist Visa during January- May 2015 as compared to 9,841 during January- May 2014, registering a growth of 1024.4% (05-June 2015)
- IITTM, Ministry of Tourism to start an MBA (Tourism) program in partnership with Indira Gandhi National Tribal University(IGNTU) (28-May 2015)
- First meeting of the high level National Implementation Committee on Commemorations held (19-May 2015)
- Partnership between the Centre, states and private stakeholders can boost India’s share to one percent in global tourism: Dr Mahesh Sharma (19-May 2015)
Shri Bandaru Dattatreya meets Tourism Minister, Dr Mahesh Sharma to discuss the tourism prospects in Telangana
Special Scheme for hilly areas to encourage Tourism (13-May 2015)
- Setting up of Culinary Institutes in the country (13-May 2015)
World Bank Assistance for Tourist Circuit of Mathura-Vrindavan Braj Areas (13-May 2015)
Contribution of Tourism Sector to GDP/Employment (13-May 2015)
- Approval to signing of an agreement between India and China in the field of tourism (13-May 2015)
A High Level delegation headed by Mr. Chen Wu, Governor of Guangxi calls on Tourism and Culture Minister, Dr. Mahesh Sharma (13-May 2015)
- Dr Mahesh Sharma holds consultations with MPs of J&K, HP and Uttarakhand for developing the Himalayan Circuit (12-May 2015)
Ministry of Tourism
|The Nabakalebar festival to be promoted through Incredible India campaign: Dr Mahesh Sharma |
First international flight from the Bhubaneswar international airport likely on the auspicious occasion of Nabakalebar
|The Union Minister of State for Tourism (Independent Charge), Culture (Independent Charge) and Civil Aviation, Dr. Mahesh Sharma held a meeting with the Minister of State for Petroleum and Natural Gas (Independent Charge) , Shri Dharmendra Pradhan in New Delhi today to discuss the preparations for the upcoming festival of Nabakalebar in Odisha. |
Dr. Mahesh Sharma said that the Union Tourism Ministry will promote the Nabakalebar festival under the Incredible India Campaign for its international branding. The Government of India will release Rs 50 crore for providing infrastructure and facilities for the Nabakalebar festival. The Union Culture Ministry will release a postal stamp & coin to mark the festival, Dr Mahesh Sharma declared.
Dr Mahesh Sharma also revealed that the Government of India is making all efforts to start the first International flight from the Bhubaneswar International festival on this auspicious occasion. This first flight is likely to be for Abu Dhabi, he added. The state of Odisha has been demanding an international flight from the Bhubaneswar International airport.
Nabakalebar festival will be celebrated on 10th July, 2015 after a gap of 19 years.
Secretary, Tourism, Dr Lalit Panwar and other senior officers of the Ministry of Tourism were present at the meeting.