- Shri Piyush Goyal Visits Talcher Coalfields of MCL in Odisha (03-September 2015)
- Shri Piyush Goyal Lays Foundation of Skill Development Center of Western Coalfields Limited in Madhya Pradesh. (31-August 2015)
- Monitoring Cell for Proper Augmentation of Coal (13-August 2015)
- Exploration Of CBM (13-August 2015)
- Increase in Production of Coal (06-August 2015)
- Availability of Coal for Medium and Small Scale Enterprises (06-August 2015)
- Tariff Based Competitive Bidding For Auctioning of Coal Linkages (03-August 2015)
- Proposals to Open New Coal Mines (03-August 2015)
- Unsold Coal Mines Attract Bids in Third Round (27-July 2015)
- Auction of Coal Mines in Third Round (23-July 2015)
- Profit and Functioning of CIL (23-July 2015)
- Measures Taken to Ensure Mining Operations in Auctioned and Allotted Mines (23-July 2015)
- Rationalisation of Sources of Coal (23-July 2015)
- Auction of Ten Coal Mines – Third Tranche Announced (04-June 2015)
- New Coal India Corporate Headquarters Building Inaugurated (15-May 2015)
- CIL Gearing up for One Billion Tonne Coal Production Mark (15-May 2015)
- e-Auctioning of Coal Blocks (11-May 2015)
- Allocation of Coal Mines to Government Companies/Corporations (07-May 2015)
- Quick Clearances for Coal Blocks (30-April 2015)
Inter- Ministerial Committee for Coal Linkages (30-April 2015)
Ministry of Coal
|Shri Piyush Goyal Visits Talcher Coalfields of MCL in Odisha |
|Shri Piyush Goyal, Union Minister of State (IC)for Coal, Power and New & Renewable Energy today inspected the mining operations at Mahanadi Coalfields Limited (MCL), a subsidiary of Coal India Limited in Talcher , Angul district, Odisha. |
Shri Goyal, who arrived here today on a two-day visit to Odisha, inspected mining operations and the on-going construction work of SILO – a rapid coal wagon loading system -- at Bharatpur area.
Shri Dharmendra Pradhan, Union Minister of State (IC) for Petroleum & Natural Gas, also accompanied the Coal Minister during the mine visit.
Shri A N Sahay, Chairman-cum-Managing Director, MCL who received the ministers at Bhubaneswar airport briefed them about the ongoing operations and outlook of the company, which produced over 121 million tonne coal during the last financial year 2014-15.
MCL’s Chief Vigilance Officer Mr. Deepak Shrivastava, Director (Technical/Projects and Planning) Shri J P Singh and Director (Finance), Shri K K Parida received the Union ministers at Bharatpur mine project while Director (Personnel) Shri P C Panigrahi and Director (Technical/Operations) Shri A K Tiwari received the dignitaries Jagannath area of MCL.
Later , Shri Goyal had a meeting with the corporate-level Joint Consultative Committee (JCC) of MCL and also laid wreath on the memorial of the departed miners of the company.
MCL is the second largest coal producer in the country headquartered at Sambalpur, Odisha.