- IMG Reviews Applications for Allocations Coal Blocks to PSU (23-May 2013)
- Coal India Registered a Growth of 5.7% in Coal Production (09-May 2013)
- 6.2 Percent Growth in Coal Supply (07-May 2013)
- Coal Supply to Power Sector Being Monitored Regularly (07-May 2013)
- Clearance to Coal Mining Projects to be Expedited (06-May 2013)
- State Advised to Facilitate Clearances for Coal Blocks (06-May 2013)
- Committee to Devise A PPP Policy with CIL Setup (06-May 2013)
- 950 Million Tonnes Coal Reserve Identified (30-April 2013)
- 16 Coal Mines Closed Down During Last three Years (30-April 2013)
- Outstanding Coal Sale dues on NTPC around RS. 2839 Crores (29-April 2013)
- Additional Coal Linkages to Private Power Projects (29-April 2013)
- Measures to Step u p Domestic Coal Production (29-April 2013)
- Allocation of Coal Blocks to Madhya Pradesh (29-April 2013)
- CIL Dispatch 91 Percent of the Target to Power Utility (29-April 2013)
- Allotment of Coal Block to CIL (23-April 2013)
- Enviornmental Management Plans for each Coal Mine Project (23-April 2013)
- Restructuring of CIL to be Undertaken Soon (23-April 2013)
- Coal Production Touches 557 MT (22-April 2013)
- Measure to Increase the Production of Coal (22-April 2013)
- Task Force on Coal Beneficiation to Submit its Report Soon (18-April 2013)
Ministry of Coal
|IMG Reviews Applications for Allocations Coal Blocks to PSU |
|Meeting of the Inter-Ministerial Committee (IMC) to consider the applications for allocation of Coal Blocks received from PSUs /Government Companies was held here today. This was also an inter-active meeting with the representatives of Host States of Coal Blocks and Applicant States. |
The Members of the IMC headed by Secretary, Coal include senior officials of Ministry of Power, Planning Commission, Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion, Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Steel, Law & Justice, Coal Controller, CMPDIL and Coal India Ltd.
Out of 235 valid applications for allocation of 14 coal blocks for power sector, Ministry of Power and Central Electricity Authority have recommended only 126 applications after verifying required parameters. These applications are from 25 Government Companies from 15 States and Central Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs).
The 14 coal blocks are from 6 Host States i.e. 5 from Chhattisgarh; 2 from Jharkhand; 1 each from Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra and West Bengal and 4 from Odisha.
In the meeting, the status of the exercise carried out in the Ministry of Coal in evaluating the applications was explained in detail to all the State Government. Presentations of Terms and conditions of allocation and criteria for evaluation of applications were also made.
Representatives of the State were asked to indicate priority of the proposed Thermal Power Projects (TPPs) and submit their comments/views and wherever certain additional information was required, states were requested to furnish it on or before 28th May, 2013. States which required clarification from Ministry of Power and Central Electricity Authority due to specific reasons were asked to revert back in next two days to avoid delay.
The next meeting of IMC is proposed to be held shortly for finalization of the above process of coal block allocation.