- Establishment of six new Indian Institutes of Management (24-June 2015)
- Conversion of Solar Energy Corporation of India from Section 8 company to Section 3 company under the Companies Act, 2013 and renaming it as Renewable Energy Corporation of India (24-June 2015)
- Transfer of 0.5 acre of land belonging to the Central Rice Research Institute, Cuttack to set-up a police station (24-June 2015)
- Memorandum of Cooperation for bilateral cooperation in the field of Industrial Property for capacity building, human resource development and awareness generation between India and Japan (24-June 2015)
- Setting up of a National Memorial at the birth place of
Lok Nayak Jai Prakash Narayan in Bihar (24-June 2015)
- Renewal of Long Term Agreements for Supply of iron ore to Japan and South Korea through MMTC Limited (24-June 2015)
- "Housing for All by 2022" Mission - National Mission for Urban Housing (17-June 2015)
- Transfer of a portion of land and building of erstwhile National Instruments Limited by Jadavpur University to Defence Research and Development Organization for establishment of a defence research centre (17-June 2015)
- Agreement on the abolition of visa requirements for holders of diplomatic passports between India and Spain (17-June 2015)
- Introduction of the Bureau of Indian Standards Bill, 2015 (17-June 2015)
- Continuation, strengthening and establishment of
Krishi Vigyan Kendras in the XII Plan
- Revision of cumulative targets under National Solar Mission
from 20,000 MW by 2021-22 to 1,00,000 MW (17-June 2015)
Proposal to promulgate the Negotiable Instruments (Amendment) Ordinance, 2015 (10-June 2015)
- Bangladesh, Bhutan, India and Nepal (BBIN) Motor Vehicle Agreement for the Regulation of Passenger, Personal and Cargo Vehicular Traffic amongst BBIN (10-June 2015)
- Ratification of International Labour Organisation Convention No. 185 on the Seafarers Identity Document (10-June 2015)
- Merchant Shipping (Amendment) Bill 2015 for amending the Merchant Shipping Act, 1958 and subsequent to enactment of the Bill, to accede to the Bunker Convention 2001 of the International Maritime Organization (10-June 2015)
|Establishment of six new Indian Institutes of Management |
|The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, today gave its approval for setting up of six new Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) in the country.
These new IIMs will be located at Vishakhapatnam (Andhra Pradesh), Bodh Gaya (Bihar), Sirmaur (Himachal Pradesh), Nagpur (Maharashtra), Sambalpur (Odisha) and Amritsar (Punjab). These IIMs will begin functioning from assigned temporary campuses and shift to their permanent sites after construction of their campuses. It is intended that these six new IIMs will commence their first academic session from 2015-16. Each Institute will start with an intake of 140 students in the Post Graduate Programme (PGP) courses. It is expected that the annual intake will increase to reach a level of 560 students each year by the end of seven years.
The PGP in Management would be the flagship programme of these institutions. Admission to the PGP will be through the open and competitive Common Admission Test (CAT) being conducted by the IIMs.
The Institutes would train young graduates to undertake management responsibilities and carry out research and consultancy in the field of management and allied areas. Their programmes will provide the country, potential leaders in diverse fields of endeavour and enterprise.
A commitment was made by the Government of India in the Budget speech of the Finance Minister in July 2014 to establish five new IIMs in Bihar, Himachal Pradesh, Maharashtra, Odisha and Punjab. In addition, the reorganization of the State of Andhra Pradesh into the two States of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana has necessitated the setting up of an IIM in Andhra Pradesh, consequent to and in pursuance of the Andhra Pradesh Re-organization Act, 2014.