- Shri Gadkari to Assess Damage to the Roads Due to Floods in J & K (21-September 2014)
- Gadkari Likely to Visit Jammu & Kasmir to take Stock of Damage to Roads and Oversee Relief & Rehabilitation Measures (18-September 2014)
- “FASTag”, the Brand name for ETC services on Highways (16-September 2014)
- Axis Bank Joins ETC Implementation Plan of Road Transport & Highways Ministry (16-September 2014)
- Draft Road Transport and Safety Bill 2014 (13-September 2014)
“Road Traffic Act” to replace Motor Vehicles Act- 1988, says Gadkari (01-September 2014)
Cashless Treatment for Road Accident Victims (28-August 2014)
Empowering the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways to decide on
mode of delivery and amendments in Model Concession Agreement in respect of national highways projects (27-August 2014)
- NHAI Board Resolves Some Pending Finacial Disputes/Claims (21-August 2014)
- Motor Vehicles Act will be changed to end corruption in RTO offices, says Gadkari (19-August 2014)
- PM to Launch 4-Laning of Highway from Kaithal to Rajasthan-Haryana Border Tomorrow (18-August 2014)
- PM dedicates to the nation four lane Pune-Solapur Highway and 765 kV Raichur-Solapur transmission line. (16-August 2014)
- PM to Launch Various Roads and Ports Projects in Maharashtra (15-August 2014)
- Gurgaon-Kotputli-Jaipur Highway Project (14-August 2014)
- Toll Collection Policy (14-August 2014)
- MV Act to be Replaced (11-August 2014)
- Electronic Toll Collection (07-August 2014)
- Speeding up of Road Projects (04-August 2014)
- Toll Tax (31-July 2014)
- Steps to Improve the Performance of NHAI (31-July 2014)
Ministry of Road Transport & Highways
|Shri Gadkari to Assess Damage to the Roads Due to Floods in J & K |
|Union Minister for Road Transport, Highways & Shipping Shri Nitin Gadkari will visiting Srinagar tomorrow to assess damage to the roads due to floods in Jammu & Kashmir. He will be accompanied by Dr. Jitendra Singh, Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Science & Technology and Earth Sciences and MoS in PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Space and Atomic Energy. |
During the visit to the summer capital of J & K, Shri Gadkari will make an on- the -spot assessment of the damage to roads occurring as a result of floods and discuss remedial steps to be taken thereon.
The visiting Union Ministers to the State along with concerned officers will also undertake an aerial survey of various roads and construction works under progress besides holding meetings with officers of the Border Roads Organization (BRO), CPWD and State Roads & Buildings officials to review the status of roads and the damage caused by floods.
In his capacity as the Union Minister of Rural Development, Shri Gadkari will also hold a meeting with concerned officers to discuss issues related to drinking water, sanitation and PMGSY Roads.
Later in the day, Shri Gadkari and Dr. Jitendra Singh are scheduled to meet the Chief Minister of Jammu & Kashmir, Shri Omar Abdullah.
Before their return to Delhi, the two leaders are also scheduled to meet volunteers and representatives of various organizations involved in the flood relief and rehabilitation work in Kashmir.