- Simplification of Procedure in order to make the Award Process
of Road Projects faster (13-December 2012)
- Participative models for rail-connectivity and capacity augmentation projects (22-November 2012)
- Development of Single Point Mooring and allied facilities off Veera (outside Kandla creek) in Gulf of Kutch at Kandla Port (22-November 2012)
- Extension of Jiribam-Imphal Road (Tupul) new line to Imphal (25-October 2012)
- Four laning of Rajsamand - Bhilwara section of National Highway
NH- 758 in Rajasthan under NHDP Phase IV (11-October 2012)
- Two laning with paved side shoulders of Salasar to Haryana border section on National Highway NH-65 in Rajasthan under NHDP Phase IV (11-October 2012)
- Model Tripartite Agreement for Infrastructure Debt Fund (04-October 2012)
- Six Laning of Handia-Varanasi Section of NH-2 in Uttar Pradesh (04-October 2012)
- Four Laning of Kashipur-Sitarganj Section of NH-74 in Uttarakhand and Uttar Pradesh (04-October 2012)
- Four Laning of Hubli-Hospet Section of NH-63 in Karnataka (04-October 2012)
- United States and India sign a Memorandum of Understanding on Antitrust Cooperation (28-September 2012)
- Delegation of Enhanced Financial Powers for Port Projects in the Public Private Partnership Mode (24-September 2012)
- Construction of tunnel at Z-Morh for all weather connectivity from Srinagar to Leh (14-September 2012)
- Model Engineering, Procurement and Construction Agreement Document for construction of 2-lane national highways works (17-August 2012)
- Undertaking Maintenance of National Highways Operation, Maintenance and Transfer Basis (17-August 2012)
- Inclusion of Saryu Nahar Pariyojana of Uttar Pradesh in the scheme of National Projects (03-August 2012)
- Modification in the Guidelines of the scheme of National Projects (03-August 2012)
- Institutional Mechanism for Monitoring of PPP Projects (12-July 2012)
- Project of two laning with paved shoulders of Raibareilly – Jaunpur section of NH - 231 in Uttar Pradesh (12-July 2012)
- Approval for Special Plan Assistance for Bodwad Parishar Sinchan Yojana of Maharashtra (03-July 2012)
Cabinet Committee on Infrastructure
|Simplification of Procedure in order to make the Award Process
of Road Projects faster |
|The Cabinet Committee on Infrastructure today approved the following proposal: |
(i) Ceiling of 4,000 km of four laning in NHDP Phase-IV be enhanced to 8000 km, to be undertaken on Build Operate Transfer BOT (Toll) mode only, based on the traffic justification as per IRC code and guidelines.
(ii) Projects with traffic between 5000 Passenger Car Units (PCUs) and 10000 PCUs that are not viable to be developed on BOT (Toll) mode could be developed directly on EPC mode. In the current year 2012-13, the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways proposes to take up 4000 km on EPC basis.
This will expedite the award of projects which shall result in improvement of infrastructure in the country.
Users of national highways from all over the country will be benefited in a big way due to infrastructure development by way of improvement of national highways. It will also increase the employment potential to the local labourers for project activities.
(i) The Cabinet, in its meeting held in July 2008 approved the proposal for up gradation of 5,000 kms under NHDP Phase IV-A. The Empowered Group of Ministers (EGoM) constituted to finalize the financing plan for the entire NHDP while deliberating on the note for the up-gradation/ strengthening of the project under NHDP Phase IV, in the fourth meeting of EGoM held on 17lh March, 2010 decided that out of total 20,000 kms under NHDP Phase-IV, keeping in view of traffic justification, about 2,000 kms may be undertaken as four-lane stretches.
(ii) For a unified NHDP Phase - IV, for a length of 20,000 kms, subsuming within it the 5000 kms already approved under NHDP Phase – IV-A was approved by the CCI in February, 2012 with direction that additional 2,000 Kms may be undertaken as four-laned stretches, in addition to that already approved by EGoM keeping in view of traffic justification.